Alcohol, tobacco and other drug Resources
- ParentUp - There are steps you can take with your children and other parents that can help prevent underage drinking. Parental involvement makes a difference, and ParentUp provides tips and valuable information to help you get started.
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics' mission is to eliminate the adverse impact of alcohol and drug use on children and families. NACOA works to raise public awareness, provides leadership in public policy at the national, state, and local levels, advocates for appropriate, effective and accessible education and prevention services, and facilitates/advances professional knowledge and understanding.
- Claudia Black is a renowned addiction author, speaker and trainer internationally recognized for her pioneering and contemporary work with family systems and addictive disorders. This site offers audio cds, dvds, books, and toolboxes related to addiction, trauma, and family codependency.
- 802 Quits - Get tips and tools that can help make it easier if you decide to quit smoking.
- The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is a leading force in the fight to reduce tobacco use and its deadly toll in the United States and around the world. This site offers facts, key issues within the state, nation, and world, tobacco industry watch, and how you can get involved--including youth initiatives.
- Truth This website is dedicated to ending tobacco use by this generation of youth by encouraging them to take action and track progress. Only 8% of teens still smoke. Finishing the job will come down to you. Be creative. Enlist friends. Spread truth. Tell us what you need to Finish It.
- The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
- American Cancer Society - For over 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well and get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.
- American Heart Association's mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- The Medicine Abuse Project Partnership for Drug Free Kids aims to prevent half a million teens from abusing medicine by the year 2017.
- Inhalant Abuse Prevention - This site is dedicated to informing parents, children, family, friends, teachers and anyone else who is experiencing or has experienced someone involved with inhalant abuse.
- SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana) is an alliance of organizations and individuals dedicated to a health-first approach to marijuana policy.
- SAM-VT is the Vermont arm of the above organization.
- Meth Project Foundation is a program of the national nonprofit organization The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids. The Meth Project is a large-scale prevention program aimed at reducing Meth use through public service messaging, public policy, and community outreach. Central to the program is a research-based marketing campaign, community action programs, and an in-school lesson all designed to communicate the risks of Meth use.